A romantic spot known the world over
Millions of tourists flock to Heidelberg each year. Despite its small size, the town enjoys a worldwide reputation. Who doesn't know Heidelberg? Who hasn't at least heard or read about it? The centuries-old castle ruins up on the hill with their sweeping gardens and stunning views of the Neckar River and the townscape. The Old Bridge, the famous Philosopher's Walk. The tradition-steeped university - the oldest in Germany! And an almost fully preserved Baroque Old Town full of interesting buildings, fountains and monuments, each with its own story to tell.
All of this holds great appeal for visitors, and Heidelberg knows just how to meld these historical attractions with modern amenities: it is a vibrant, culturally and environmentally aware town affording a high quality of life, where not only students feel at home. Fine dining, a wide range of leisure and cultural activities, an attractive retail mix: Heidelberg offers all this and much, much more.
Ascend the hill to the Heidelberg Castle, stroll through the lovely gardens and then back down again to the Old Town. Follow the Philosopher's Walk all the way to the Schlangenweg and then ramble across the Old Bridge into the historic town center. Or ride the funicular up to Molkenkur - or maybe all the way to Königstuhl? In between you may still have the time to meander through the Neckar meadow. As you'll soon see, all of Heidelberg cannot be enjoyed in just one day! (And we haven't even mentioned yet the beautiful Heidelberg town forest with its spectacular panoramic views over the town.)
So there are plenty of reasons to stay a while. After all, you wouldn't dare telling the folks at home that you skipped the Philosopher's Walk! Or didn't take a ride on the funicular. Or that you couldn't visit the castle because you ran out of time. Or that you don't know what the student jail is. Or ...
And once you've taken in all the sights, how about a leisurely drive along the romantic Neckar Valley? Heidelberg is the ideal starting point.
We mean, since you're already here ...
Our Apartments & Hotel Kurpfalzhof will be the ideal starting point to visit Heidelberg and all the other nice places around. You should book/reserve nice accomaditons for your visit for more than just one day in our beautiful Rhein-Neckar-Region.
Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter, Heidelberg has alway something to offer!
Heidelberg 2017 - A few Highlights & Events in Heidelberg:
- 30th Apr. 2017 SAS Heidelberg Half-Marathon
- 3rd June/8th July/2nd Sept. 2017 Heidelberg Castle Illumination and Fireworks
- 18th June 2017 Events & Party in the Neckar Valley / Lebendiger Neckar
- 2nd July 2017 Heidelberg Wheelchair Marathon
- 8th July 2017 Heidelberg Castle Illumination and Fireworks
- 30th July 2017 Heidelberg Man (Heidelberg - Triathlon)
- 3rd Sep. 2017 Heidelberg Castle Illumination and Fireworks
- 30th Sept. & 1st Oct. 2017 Heidelberger Fall Party - Streetfestival with Live music in the Old Twon
- 8th Oct. 2017 Trail-Marathon in Heidelberg
- 25th Nov. - 23rd Dec. 2017 Heidelberger Christmas Market
Music, Theater, Movies und noch mehr:
- 25th Apr. - 29th Apr. 2017 Heidelberg Spring & Internationales Musicfestival
- 28th Apr. - 7th May 2017 Heidelberger Stückemarkt
- 21st June - 25th June 2017 Heidelberger Literaturtage
- 17th June - 4th Aug. 2017 Heidelberge Castle Festival
- 2nd Oct. - 11th Nov. 2017 EnjoyJazz FEstival in Heidelberg
- 9th Nov. - 19th Nov. 2017 International Film Festival Mamnnheim - Heidelberg
We did our best to research these highligts and events. We cannot take responsibility for their accuracy. So please for check www.heidelberg.de for the correct dates.
You can book the following hotel rooms, suites and apartments for your stay in Heidelberg:
single rooms - double rooms - suites - studio 40 - studio 70 - 2-room apartment - THE LOFT / maisonette