A romantic spot known the world over
Millions of tourists flock to Heidelberg each year. Despite its small size, the town enjoys a worldwide reputation. Who doesn't know Heidelberg? Who hasn't at least heard or read about it? The centuries-old castle ruins up on the hill with their sweeping gardens and stunning views of the Neckar River and the townscape. The Old Bridge, the famous Philosopher's Walk. The tradition-steeped university - the oldest in Germany! And an almost fully preserved Baroque Old Town full of interesting buildings, fountains and monuments, each with its own story to tell.
All of this holds great appeal for visitors, and Heidelberg knows just how to meld these historical attractions with modern amenities: it is a vibrant, culturally and environmentally aware town affording a high quality of life, where not only students feel at home. Fine dining, a wide range of leisure and cultural activities, an attractive retail mix: Heidelberg offers all this and much, much more.
Ascend the hill to the Heidelberg Castle, stroll through the lovely gardens and then back down again to the Old Town. Follow the Philosopher's Walk all the way to the Schlangenweg and then ramble across the Old Bridge into the historic town center. Or ride the funicular up to Molkenkur - or maybe all the way to Königstuhl? In between you may still have the time to meander through the Neckar meadow. As you'll soon see, all of Heidelberg cannot be enjoyed in just one day! (And we haven't even mentioned yet the beautiful Heidelberg town forest with its spectacular panoramic views over the town.)
So there are plenty of reasons to stay a while. After all, you wouldn't dare telling the folks at home that you skipped the Philosopher's Walk! Or didn't take a ride on the funicular. Or that you couldn't visit the castle because you ran out of time. Or that you don't know what the student jail is. Or ...
And once you've taken in all the sights, how about a leisurely drive along the romantic Neckar Valley? Heidelberg is the ideal starting point.
We mean, since you're already here ...
Our Apartments & Hotel Kurpfalzhof will be the ideal starting point to visit Heidelberg and all the other nice places around. You should book/reserve nice accomaditons for your visit for more than just one day in our beautiful Rhein-Neckar-Region.
Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter, Heidelberg has alway something to offer!
Heidelberg - A few Highlights & Events in Heidelberg:
- Apr. - SAS Heidelberg Half-Marathon
- always the first saturday in June, July, Sept. - Heidelberg Castle Illumination and Fireworks
- June - Events & Party in the Neckar Valley / Lebendiger Neckar
- July - Heidelberg Wheelchair Marathon
- July - Heidelberg Castle Illumination and Fireworks
- July - Heidelberg Man (Heidelberg - Triathlon)
- Sep. - Heidelberg Castle Illumination and Fireworks
- last weekend in Sept. Heidelberger Fall Party - Streetfestival with Live music in the Old Twon
- Oct. 2017 Trail-Marathon in Heidelberg
- Nov. - Dec. - Heidelberger Christmas Market
Music, Theater, Movies und noch mehr:
- Apr. - Heidelberg Spring & Internationales Musicfestival
- Apr. - May - Heidelberger Stückemarkt
- June - Heidelberger Literaturtage
- June - Aug. - Heidelberge Castle Festival
- Oct. - Nov. - EnjoyJazz FEstival in Heidelberg
- Nov. - International Film Festival Mamnnheim - Heidelberg
We did our best to research these highligts and events. We cannot take responsibility for their accuracy. So please for check www.heidelberg.de for the correct dates.
You can book the following hotel rooms, suites and apartments for your stay in Heidelberg:
studio 40 - studio 70 - 2-room apartment - THE LOFT / maisonette